• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Kindred Jersey
BEREA Derrick Kindred Jersey , Ohio (AP) — Browns owner Jimmy Haslam finally tried the patient approach with his head coach.That didn’t work either.Haslam made his fourth coaching change since 2012 by firing Hue Jackson, who won just three of 40 games over two-plus seasons and then lost his job because of a feud with offensive coordinator Todd Haley that went public and threatened to turn a promising season into another one of those Cleveland catastrophes.Haslam fired Jackson and Haley within hours of each other on Monday, a day after the Browns (2-5-1) lost their 25th consecutive road game — one shy of the NFL record.“Hopefully, we made a big step today,” Haslam said. “It is hard to win in the NFL. If anybody knows that, it is us. I think the message today is we are not going to put up with internal discord. We want people who are collaborative and work together.”As for his poor track record in finding coaches, Haslam offered no excuses.“I will accept the blame because ultimately, it is the person at the head of the ship,” he said. “I will take the blame as ownership. I can’t explain it more than that. We have had different situations with different people. I know that it is something that we are not going to tolerate moving forward.”Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is Cleveland’s interim coach, and running backs coach Freddie Kitchens will take over for Haley.Haslam said Williams, who coached Buffalo from 2001-03, was the only in-house candidate considered to finish the season. While Williams has extensive experience and won a Super Bowl, he also has a checkered past. He was suspended by the league for a full season in 2012 for his role in the “Bountygate” scandal that rocked the New Orleans Saints.Haslam said it’s premature to consider the next coaching hire for the Browns, who are 22-81-1 since he and his wife, Dee, agreed to buy the franchise in 2012.The main objective now is to get through the season’s second half, beginning with a matchup on Sunday against the high-scoring, Kansas City Chiefs (7-1).“We will have a collaborative effort in everything that we do here,” Haslam said when asked about a search for the team’s ninth coach since 1999. “Right now, we are focused on the next eight games and Gregg and his staff winning as many of those games that we can.”There are already names floating around as potential candidates to be Cleveland’s next coach, including Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley, who coached Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield in college.“Not right now,” Riley said of his interest in jumping to the NFL. “You sit here and answer these questions and I always want to be truthful. The truth is for me is Myles Garrett Color Rush Jersey , I love Oklahoma. I love coaching here. I love college football. I certainly don’t have that itch right now.”Just three weeks ago, the Browns, who went 0-16 last season under Jackson, appeared to have turned the corner following an overtime win against Baltimore.But things unraveled quickly, thrust in the wrong direction by a power struggle between Jackson and Haley, who joined Cleveland’s staff this season after six in Pittsburgh. Following a loss at Tampa Bay last week, Jackson aimed blame at Haley by offering to help the team’s offense.Haley publicly said he wasn’t offended by the remarks. But Jackson’s comments seemed to widen a divide between the coaches, who had disagreed on players getting days off during training camp and whether wide receiver Josh Gordon deserved to start the opener.In order to salvage the season, Haslam and general manager John Dorsey felt change was necessary.Without pointing fingers, Dorsey said there’s only one way to stop the in-fighting.“Treat people the way they want to be treated,” he said. “Come into work every day willing to work. Love what you do. Just take ownership in what you are doing. Come to work every day and treat people the way you want to be treated.”Jackson’s the sixth straight Cleveland coach to be fired following the team’s second game against Pittsburgh. Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski and Mike Pettine all met the same demise, but they were let go following the season’s final game.Haslam wouldn’t get into any specifics about the “‘discord” between Jackson and Haley.“We made the decision to move on, and it was far bigger than who was going to call plays,” Haslam said. “Unfortunately, sometimes, the best plans don’t work out, and in this case, they didn’t. We were optimistic and hopeful that they would.”Jackson was hired in 2016 by the Haslams, who stuck by him despite a 1-15 record in his first season and then last season’s debacle. His failures were always explained away with excuses: not enough talent, injuries https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Rashard-Higgins-Jersey , bad luck, a disconnection with the front office.Haslam thought hiring a high-profile coordinator like Haley would help Jackson.In the end, it was his undoing.“Unfortunately, sometimes the best plans do not work out,” Haslam said. “In this case, they did not. We were optimistic and hopeful that they would, but they did not work out.” CLEVELAND (AP) — Ol’ man Rivers keeps rolling along.Philip Rivers threw two touchdown passes to Tyrell Williams — and the 36-year-old quarterback even threw a block — and Melvin Gordon had three TD runs as the Los Angeles Chargers banged around Cleveland rookie Baker Mayfield and the Browns, 38-14 on Sunday.Rivers continued one of the best starts of his 15-year career, leading the Chargers (4-2) to their third straight win. Rivers finished 11 of 20 for 207 yards and had only one mistake, an interception midway through the fourth quarter.The Chargers did most of their damage on the ground with Gordon running for 132 yards and scoring on runs of 4, 10 and 11 yards. They had 246 yards rushing.“There haven’t been too many days where we’ve run for more than we’ve thrown,” Rivers said with a laugh. “But I’ll take them any time we can get them.”Rivers and Williams connected on scoring plays of 45 and 29 yards in the first half, and Gordon’s 11-yard run put the Chargers up 35-6.Mayfield’s third start as a pro was a rough one. The No. 1 overall pick was sacked five times, tweaked his ankle when he slid on a sideline marker and threw two interceptions.“We didn’t execute,” said Mayfield, who threw a TD pass to tight end David Njoku . “We didn’t do our job. We weren’t detailed. We didn’t do the things that we talked about all week. That’s the most disappointing thing. Any time you don’t do your job — I’m at fault for the majority of that. I’m going to be very hard on myself but we have to be able to look at this and learn from it.”The Browns (2-3-1) were blown out after playing five tight games — three going to overtime — and showed there’s still a long road ahead.While young QBs like Mayfield, Carson Wentz and Patrick Mahomes may be the NFL’s next wave, Rivers is showing that the old guys can still get the job done. He has thrown 15 TD passes with just three interceptions, and he did all he could to block Browns linebacker Jamie Collins to help Keenan Allen pick up a first down despite the Chargers leading 28-6.“I’m not real comfortable out there,” Rivers said. “But I stayed in front and did not get a holding, so that’s a positive.”The Chargers weren’t surprised by Rivers’ effort.“That’s Phil,” said Williams, who had three catches for 118 yards. “He’s competitive and he’s going to stick his nose in there if he gets an opportunity. I’m not surprised at all.”Los Angeles caught a break on Rivers’ second TD pass to Williams.Left tackle Russell Okung clearly dropped back before the ball was snapped. Browns defensive end Myles Garrett stopped Joe Thomas Jersey , assuming the play would be whistled, and several other players paused while Rivers lofted his scoring pass to Williams.Williams’ first TD catch was more spectacular. Leaping with three Browns defenders around him, he wrestled the ball way from Browns safety Damarious Randall to give the Chargers a 14-3 lead.OWNER HONOREDFollowing the game, Chargers coach Anthony Lynn presented a game ball to the family of Alex Spanos, the Chargers owner who died earlier this week. Spanos, who was 95, bought the team in 1984.JUST FOR KICKSLynn was relieved the Chargers’ kicking woes did not come into play.“We made all our damn kicks — all the extra points, all the field goals, so that’s an improvement,” he said.Rookie Michael Badgley replaced injured starter Caleb Sturgis and made one field goal and all five extra-points in his pro debut after being signed on Thursday.Sturgis, who has been dealing with a quadriceps injury, missed a field goal and PAT last week. He also missed two extra points in L.A.’s previous game, and the Chargers came in leading the league with four missed PATs.BROWNS BLASTEDCleveland’s first five games were decided by four points or less, but Randall wasn’t concerned about the lopsided loss.“Every team goes through a game like that,” he said. “I’m honestly glad it happened early in the season for us, where we have time to correct what happened.”THOMAS TRIBUTEThe Browns honored future Hall of Fame tackle Joe Thomas by adding 10,363 — the number of consecutive snaps he played over 11 seasons — to the club’s ring of honor. Thomas retired following last season, which came to a premature end for him when he tore his triceps. He grudgingly retired in March.“I love being in the locker room and the paychecks were really good — but my body just couldn’t do it anymore,” said Thomas, who wore an orange Mayfield jersey. “If it weren’t for that, I would be out there today.”INJURIESChargers: DE Christopher Landrum was shaken up in the fourth quarter.Browns: LB Joe Schobert (hamstring) left in the third quarter, and LB James Burgess (hamstring) went out in the fourth. … WR Rod Streater suffered a neck “stinger” while covering a punt in the first quarter and did not return.UP NEXTChargers: Play Tennessee in London on Oct. 21.Browns: Visit Tampa Bay on Oct. 21__

Messages In This Thread
Derrick Kindred Jersey - by liny195 - 06-01-2019, 08:27 AM